What are Linear Accelerators?
The most efficient external beam radiation device in the treatment of cancer, Linear Accelerators produce and direct high energy X-Rays to the location of the tumor. MPCT hospital houses the advanced Truebeam Varian linear accelerator, a state-of-the-art technology that effectively treats cancer. Highly precise and accurate, the laser only kills the cancerous tissue, while sparing the healthy tissue around the tumor. This technology is painless, quick, and non-invasive, providing a highly efficient, sophisticated mode of treatment for cancer.
Why is Truebeam Varian Linear Accelerator unique?
Linear Accelerators combine the power of both, IGRT and IMRT, which gives the doctor higher accuracy and control. The Truebeam Varian technology used at MPCT hospital provides a sculpted 3D radiation dosage, closely monitoring the tumor as it revolves 360 degrees around the patient, and directly delivering radiation in the right place. This technology achieves speed, precision, and control, which allows for efficient treatment with high success rates.
What is the purpose of Truebeam Varian Linear Accelerator?
Truebeam Linear Accelerator can be used to treat cancer in almost any part of the body, which is its biggest USP. It provides the added advantage of no surgery required post the treatment and is used to treat a variety of conditions.
- Shrinks tumors before surgery
- Can be used in combination with other treatments
- Weakens symptoms of cancer
- Kills remaining cancerous cells post surgery
- Can also be a standalone treatment for cancer
What is the process of Truebeam Varian Linear Accelerator?
Before the procedure, thorough imaging tests are conducted to determine the exact location and size of the tumor. This is done with great accuracy, for a precise location to be treated.
What are the benefits of Truebeam Varian Linear Accelerator?
Trubeam Linear Accelerator is a highly effective treatment, having a variety of advantages over its counterparts, and has proven to be beneficial to a number of cancer patients.
- As it revolves 360 degrees around you, it is possible for physicians to visualize the tumor and deliver accurate treatments
- The advanced technology allows for quick, precise sessions conducted within a few minutes
- Truebeam technology performs accuracy checks every 10 milliseconds, with the precision measured within less than a millimeter throughout each session
- The technology syncs with and measures your breathing, which helps maintain accuracy, especially in cases where the tumor moves when you breathe.
What are the risks of Truebeam Varian Linear Accelerator?
Linear Accelerators do carry a few risks, which the patient should be aware of.
- Side effects may be experienced, which are temporary
- Slight chance of allergy to radiation
What is the cost of Truebeam Varian Linear Accelerator?
The cost of treatment depends on the size and location of your tumor and the complexity of the procedure. Make sure to consult our experts for an estimated number of sessions and cost.
At MPCT, our radiologists are experts at delivering world-class treatments under one roof. We ensure that each patient is provided with the highest quality of services, ensuring a safe and ethical treatment. Our hospital houses the advanced Truebeam Varian Linear accelerator, which delivers fast, safe, and precise treatments. At MPCT, patient comfort takes a huge priority, which is reflected in the technology used, whether it is to create a soothing environment, two-way audio, or more. Using cutting edge technology and their years of experience, our experts deliver comprehensive treatments that work towards achieving success for every patient that walks through our doors.