Dr. Santosh Shetty
Dr. Santosh Shetty, the Director of Orthopedics at Surana Group of Hospitals is an orthopaedic and joint replacement surgeon par excellence.
- M.S. Orthopaedics
- M.Ch (Orthopaedics) from University of Seychelles, 2008
- Only on Prior Appointments
About Our Doctor
Dr Santosh Shetty is one of the Experienced & Leading Joint Replacement Surgeon Practicing in Mumbai since more than 15 Years. He Heads the Department of Arthroplasty and Joint Replacement for Surana Group of Hospitals. His ultimate goals are minimizing pain, maximizing functions and restoring lifestyles. His broad understanding of the subject helps in performing Joint Replacement Surgeries depending on the need of the patients. Dr Shetty has been extensively trained in USA, Germany, Belgium and ranks amongst High Volume surgeons performing cruciate retaining (CR) Total knee replacement surgeries. Dr Shetty is pioneer who is known for introducing modern instruments /implants/techniques in Mumbai like Gold Knee, Oxinium, PSI technique, partial knee replacement and navigated arthroplasty. He has excelled as an epitome of unflinching commitment, tireless zeal, selfless dedication towards patient care. His result oriented, humane approach and credible expertise has benefited many patients
- Joint preservation techniques
- Minimally invasive surgery (sub vastus/mid vastus approach)
- Cruciate Retaining (CR) & Posterior Cruciate Sacrificing (PS) Minimal Invasive Muscle Sparing Technique (MIS)
- Navigation and suture less surgeries
- Complex Fracture Management.
- Knee Resurfacing (UKR) /Partial Knee Replacement Surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgeries (Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement)
- Primary Complex & Revision Knee Replacement Surgeries
- High Flexion Knee Replacement with High flex Knee Implants
- Computer Assisted Navigation Surgeries (CANS)
- Patient Specific Instrumentation Surgeries (PSI)
- Trauma Surgeries
- Stem Cells and PRP (Regenerative Cell Therapy)
- Fellowship in Primary and complex arthroplasty, Germany
- Fellowship in primary and revision Knee replacement, USA
- Conducted Knowledge Exchange Programs by Inviting Various Eminent Joint Replacement Surgeons Across the Globe & Operating in their Presence & Guidance for Skill Enhancement like Professor Phil Hirst (UK), Professor Gautam Chakrabarty (UK), Professor Alfred Tria (USA), Dr Luca Marega (Italy),Dr Peter Ritchel (Austria), Dr Jeffery Geller (USA), Dr Richard Savino (USA),Dr Smith (USA) and Various other Surgeons
- Conduced Multiple CME’s For General Practitioners, Physicians, Physiotherapist & Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Conducted Multiple Free Heath Check-up Camps For the Arthritic Patients in their Community & Hospitals
- Conducted Various Patient Awareness Programs.
- Conducted Free Surgeries as part of Social Commitments as Charity & CSR for the Economically Challenged Patients
- Faculty In State National & International Conferences, India & Abroad
- Moderator & Chair Person In Various Scientific Programs & Sessions
- Appearances in various Talk Shows In Matters Related to Health On TV & Radio
- Felicitations by Various Social Organizations For Contribution towards the Society
- Articles Published in Various Newspapers, Social Media & Magazines towards Awareness of Management of Arthritis & Other Health Related Issues.